During a corporate wellness webinar I gave on Wall St. yesterday, a woman asked me if cookies could be part of a healthy lifestyle. My answer….. wait for it……. YES. Just not the one pictured above
Of course you can have a cookie or two and still live a healthy lifestyle. Here’s what I recommend and what I teach my 3 kids about the cookie enigma. Please feel free to leave a comment below with your favorite healthy cookie secrets.
- Choose cookies with only 5 or 6 ingredients that you can recognize- No high fructose syrup, chemicals or dyes
- Try to buy fruit juice sweetened or pure sources of sugar like cane sugar, stevia and agave
- Buy organic when you can
- Always eat the recommended serving size or less (good luck with this one
- One of my clients makes her own whole wheat chocolate chip cookies with her kids- Awesome!
- Never call cookies treats or use them as rewards
So go ahead, have your cookie and your health too. Remember you are in control, you have power.