Yesterday I asked club members to share what they think about during their workouts to make sure they get the most out of them and stay motivated. Thank you to those who shared and helping others. I will include them below anonymously. If you have any comments please share them.
- How strong (both physically and emotionally) I AM and WILL become
- My form
- How GREAT (both physically and emotionally) I’ll feel after I’m done
- It’s so early (5AM) and I am barely awake and haven’t had coffee yet. I go on automatic pilot and know deep in my my mind that “this is good for me”. After about 5 minutes or so, I start to feel the benefits of working out and tell myself “good job! Proud of you for getting up and doing this!”
- I have a world map and I put pins in all the places I’ve been. Once I become lucid, I start to think about where else in the world would I like to go? And the travel planning begins.
- I used to try to think about how I was training in order to feel a sense of accomplishment (i.e. finishing a long endurance race, etc), but then I realized I wasn’t living in the moment. So, now I really just think about the exercise itself, how it makes me feel doing it (stronger, etc), and that way I really “experience” the exercise.
- I try and think about only positive things (although sometimes that can be hard). I love how I feel after every workout and that really is what motivates me the most! Then I can sit down and plan out my day and decide what needs to get done.
Thanks to everyone for sharing! Have a great day and make sure you maximize the outcomes of your workouts.