Susan’s Update: A little bit of a meltdown yesterday, let’s say due to a wardrobe malfunction She’s back on track today, right Susan?
There are 9 club members who have volunteered to partner with Susan, to keep her accountable, and achieve their own health goals along the way. You guys are awesome!!
Attention team/partners: Please email your progress every Friday to ; email@example.com. I will be posting updates every Sunday. I will be sending you Susan’s personal email privately so you can check-in with her and keep her, and yourself accountable. Make sure to reach out to Susan, she’s waiting to hear from you.
Here’s Susan’s team and their goals & plans:
- Lose 10 pounds by 9/15–earlier would be greater!
- Journal Daily
- Run a 5K in September
- Three weighed and measured meals a day
- No sugar, wheat, or flour (I’ve been doing this for over 2 1/2 years, so it’s a continuation of same)
- Bands every day
- Start each morning with meditation
- End each day writing my gratitudes
- More consistent with drinking water and tracking food
- Running- run a 10k before snow fall
- Drink 60 oz of water
- Record all meals in a journal during or at end of day
- Do bands and physical therapy workout daily
Short term goals
- Look and feel my best
- Work out with partner once per week
- Do bands everyday
- Journal food
- Snacks- healthy fruit, veggies
- No eating after dinner during week
Short term goals
- Lose 6 pounds
- Do not exceed 600 calories at any meal, at any time, including calories from food and alcohol.
- Eat protein, fiber and healthy carbs (whole grain, fruits, veggies) at every meal.
- Do Peter K bands at least 2-3 times per week to supplement 2 one-hour treadmill / strengthening exercise classes each week.
- Weigh in every morning’
- Lose 14 lbs
- Journal meals and exercise
- To become stronger mentally
- Eat at least 1 serving of DARK, leafy greens (kale/spinach/swiss chard/dandelion) per day
- Smile while doing my band workout daily
Short term goal
- Weight loss of 14 pounds by end of the challenge
- Strengthening my muscles so that moving will cause me less pain
- Learning to enjoy walking and create a habit that I will continue
- Do not miss any sessions of NRI three day a week work out (20 minutes plus warm up)
- Increase step count on Saturday and Sunday to between 8,000 and 10,000 steps.
- Not eating after 7:00 pm
- Lose 10 pounds by 9/1/12
- Food Journal Daily
- Read in bed at night instead of Netflix-watching on laptop – helps me sleep better and cuts down on stress/anxiety
- Just ordered a Fitbit and will follow my progress with this device - and become ”connected” with family/colleagues/friends who have the same device for added accountability.
- Take a regular lunch, away from my desk, at least 2 times a week – do something non-work related during this lunch
- When entertaining for work or out socially, substitute at least one round of drinks with seltzer
- Bands five days a week
- Work out with a friend at least once a week – plan ahead and get it on the calendar!
- Mix up work outs – spin, elliptical, ride bike outside, and what else? Focus on the fun in these varied work-outs.
Need help with:
- I’m really good at going to the farmer’s market and stocking up on fresh fruits/veggies/cooking for the week EXCEPT when I’m out of town for the weekend. I could use some help with quick, healthy, on-the-fly lunches – like you don’t have time to go to the grocery store, but have access to Grand Central Market, quick.
Short term goals
- Step out of my comfort zone everyday
- Reach out and partner with more people for friendship, health and business
- Become a “Big” in the Big Brother Big Sister Program (read book , “An Invisible Thread”. Incredible story will make you want to help children)
- Partner 5 MTF+ Club with children’s charity
- Take cold shower for 30 seconds every day (strengthens immune system and wakes your ass us
- Contact one friend or business contact everyday
- Work out with 2 friends every week to add fun to band workouts
- Continue daily food journal and gratitude journal