Eating while traveling, or out of your routine, can be a challenge. But with some planning, you can do it right. Just ask the mom above
A club member recently emailed this to me:
“I’m really good at going to the farmer’s market and stocking up on fresh fruits/veggies/cooking for the week EXCEPT when I’m out of town for the weekend. I could use some help with quick, healthy, on-the-fly lunches – like you don’t have time to go to the grocery store, but have access to Grand Central Market, quick.”
Here are some of my ideas:
- Think of breakfast & lunch as purely functional, not pleasurable. You’re eating for fuel; then save the calories for dinner & drinks.
- Salads; Yea, you might be sick of them from the week, but you can get them almost anywhere and if you go light on the dressing they can be only 200 – 300 calories.
- Try grilled veggies on whole grain wraps.
- Have fruit & raw veggies and snack on the go. The fiber will fill you up till dinner
- Try a cold soup like gazpacho. The water in the soup will fill your belly.
- Starbucks and higher end cafes/delis have fresh fruit, cheese, nut & whole grain cracker platters for 300 – 400 calories
- Veggie or turkey burger, sans bun, with greens.
- Misc; hard boiled eggs, low fat/sugar granola bars, dried fruit (no added sugar), nuts, tabouleh, veggie pizza slice- no cheese
More options: Club members, you can download 8 healthy lunch ideas on the menus section of the club page. Click here > (In right column under “Downloads > Menus”)
Do you have some healthy options for her? What are your favorite healthy lunches?