Ok, so I was visiting my sister in New Hampshire with my family and she has the coolest group of friends. One beer led to 4 but I still stayed near my 2000 calorie daily limit. Hey, I didn’t say I would be eating perfectly, just controlled. But I ate tons of veggies and went light with dessert. Keep in mind this is not how I usually eat and I will probably eat very lite during the day to offset some drinking and larger dinners.
Here’s what my day looked like.
6 am NJ Workout: 20 minute bands. 300 calories burnt
6:30 am Breakfast:
- 2 hard boiled eggs (160 cals) 1 oz cheese (90 cals) = 250 cals
- 2- 12 oz water
- 12 oz iced coffee black
9am – 1pm Drive to Portsmouth, New Hampshire
2 pm NH Lunch:
- 12 oz Fruit Smoothie (strawberry and mango) with Green Power (spirulina) = approx 300 cals
3 pm Bookstore- bought a great book, In Defense of Food, by Michael Pollan.
5 pm Happy hour
- 1 beer, led to 4 beers by end of night. Sam Adams Cherry Wheat (my favorite) 166 cals x 4 = 664 cals
- 1 serving grapes = 100 cals
7 pm Dinner- BBQ in sisters back yard. (I rarely go vegetarian, but in honor of my sister, who is one, I did. I survived)
- 2 cups grilled veggies = 150 cals
- 1 veggie burger = 300 cals
- 7 grilled shrimp = approx 100 cals
- 1 small slice berry crumble pie 200 cals
Off to a beach workout in the morning with the kids and sis. See you tomorrow.