It’s day 3 of my trip and I’m kicking butt. How am I staying so focused, eating great and getting great workouts? It’s because of you. Yes you. Thanks to those who have sent words of encouragement! Sometimes I feel all alone in the blogosphere. I’m so glad you’re here and it keeps me accountable. Yes, even after so many years, I still need accountability to achieve my goals. That’s why I stress it for you. I know it works.
It’s funny, the healthier you eat, the healthier you want to eat. You wake up feeling thin in the morning, excited about the day and full of energy and self confidence. Yes, it still hits me after all these years, how good I can look and feel, and what a difference it makes in my life. Yesterday I had some delicious meals including tricolored cauliflower and salmon and had a great workout in the hotel gym. Gym!? I haven’t been in one in years.
Here’s what my day looked like:
6 am NH- Workout; 20 minutes in the hotel gym using cable/pulley machine in lieu of my bands. Great workout! = 300 cals burned. I haven’t been in a gym in years and it was kind of cool. I used the pulley machine much like I use my bands and threw in chin ups. Pumped!
8:30 am NH- Breakfast;
- 2 egg white omelets w mushrooms, peppers and onions (one wasn’t enough yesterday).= 300 cals I always eat protein within 30 minutes of working out because the protein rebuilds my muscles and gets me ready for the next workout. I stay away from protein shakes because most of them are full of sugar, additives and other crap.
- Fresh fruit- pineapple and watermelon = 100 cals
- Two 12 oz water
- Coffee black
2 pm Chatham, Cape Cod- Lunch the teen behind the counter smiled and called us the “healthy family” because my son Alexander pointed to the soda case and said, “Daddy, look, junk, yuk.”
- Small Greek salad = 200 cals
- 20 oz water
7 pm Dinner- 20 years ago if I told you a salad would get me excited, you take me to the emergency room. If my tastes can evolve from Burger King to grilled salmon over tricolored cauliflower, kale, arugula and goat cheese salad, then anyone can change their tastes to eat healthier.
- 1 Corona light = 109 cals
- Mussels = 130 cals I didn’t eat the bread- I usually love to dip the bread but I knew you were watching
- Grilled salmon over tricolored cauliflower, kale, arugula and goat cheese. Can you say amazing! = 525 (6 oz salmon = 325, salad = 2oo cals)
- 1/4 slice of pizza swiped from Alexander’s plate = 100 cals
- coffee black
- 3 swedish fish (the kids stash) = 21 cals (7 cals per fish in case you’re wondering
- Handful tortilla chips back at the hotel room = 100 cals
Going for a beach workout and run tomorrow morning! Love being in Cape Cod. I feel rejuvenated, inspired and happy that my family is happy. See you tomorrow! Don’t worry, the fried belly clams and ice cream are coming soon.