Watch to learn the best way to fight stressmore »
Tag: feeling better
Who doesn’t feel overwhelmed or stressed these days? The question is, what can we do about it so we don’t fall behind and miss our workouts, start eating poorly or miss out on the happiness in our lives. FFR members follow this link to listen to the 3 steps that have helped others refocus and feel better >
Not a Fit Friends’ Revolution member? Join us hear and feel better
Have you ever felt overwhelmed, helpless, even a slight tightness in your chest? I know, dumb question right? Well what can we do about it? I have a technique I use very often with my clients and myself- insight: I get these feelings too.
Try these powerful stress strategies to disengage from your current thought process. (Hint- your current thought process is what keeps you stuck feeling this way)
- Disengage from what you’re doing completely. Do this when you don’t know what to do to feel better. Examples- get up from your desk and walk outside, or go somewhere you’ve never been before or talk to a total stranger- anything to engage your mind in a unique behavior or activity that it must focus on instead of how lousy you feel.
- Smile as big as you can and think about a favorite place you’d love to be right now.
- Take 3 deep breaths and relax your shoulders while sitting or standing as tall as you can.
- Now that you broke your negative thought cycle, come up with one simple action step to directly affect why you’re feeling stressed.
- Take that step right now. Don’t wait. When you take a step toward addressing your stress you will empower yourself.