Watch to learn the best way to fight stressmore »
Great 5 minute core/ab workout that will get your cardio up as well.more »
5 Minutes to Fitness+ Club coming soon.
Do you like Mussels? You know, the other muscles. I just had a delicious light lunch of mussels and here’s why I love them, besides they taste great! I think the view below made them taste a little bit better
- High in Omega-3s and have high levels of daily requirements for zinc, iodine, vitamins B and C and Iron.
- They’re very low in fat (2.2 g fat per 100 g of mussel meat) and carbohydrates
- An average serving is only about 90 calories
Just ask for them in a light tomato, wine broth. Enjoy!
5 Minutes to Fitness+ Club coming soon
Alison recently shared a very good article with me which I have attached below. In a nutshell; muscle soreness occurs for different reasons including new activities and repetitive training (stress). It’s part of living a fit lifestyle and there are things you can do to decrease soreness, pain and injury, besides drugs, like:
- Start slowly and listen to your body when it tells you it’s in pain
- Use ice for acute injuries and pain (immediately and up to 72 hours)
- Use heat for chronic pain- (longer than several weeks)
*****You can use ice and heat contrasts for stubborn soreness/pain/injuries- Apply ice to the area for 10 minutes, then moist heat for 10 minutes, then ice again for 10 minutes, then moist heat for last 10 minutes.
Here’s the link to the article that goes into more detail and medications as well. http://www.active.com/fitness/Articles/5-Tips-to-Treat-DOMS-and-Tendonitis.htm?cmp=291&memberid=107039837&lyrisid=20716849
Everyday someone tells me they started doing cardio to lose weight. Stop right there!
Do what Jane does. It works
We should all know by now that a combination of resistance and cardio exercise works best for weight loss, strength, injury prevention & overall health. 5 Minutes to Fitness+ is this type of exercise.
Cardio by itself is not enough, or the best way to get healthy. Don’t waste your precious time.