Under $5 and 300 cals……more »
Don’t worry, the fried belly clams and ice cream are coming soon.more »
I like to buy my wild salmon from my local fish monger (support your local food providers) as a filet with the skin on.more »
Celebrity Yoga Instructor, Kristin McGee, shares this great recipe!more »
Wild salmon is one of the healthiest foods we can eat due to it’s great source of omega 3 fatty acids that help fight cancer, heart disease and many other ailments. Here’s a recipe that’s fast and perfect for summer grilling. When eating out look for grilled salmon to add to a lunch salad and as an entree for dinner. You can serve this dish as an entree or over a fresh salad. When ordering or buying salmon always ask for wild, it’s the healthiest.
Designed to build your heart and musclesmore »
My old college football buddy, Brian, lost 17 lbs and counting. How, and why might you care? Some background first.
20 years ago I played football for Rutgers University and Brian was one of my teammates. We lost touch until Facebook reunited us. The last time I saw brian I was 65 lbs heavier and he was fit. When we met recently, Brian said he wanted two things; 1- to lose weight and, 2- a coach. He joined the Fit Friends’ Revolution, got a coach, me, and started losing the weight. more »
Fit Friend’s Revolution is currently in beta test. Sign up via email for more info below.
Fit Friends’ Revolution Club is currently being beta tested. Subscribe via email below to stay updated.
Ever since I became a physical therapist people have been complaining to me that when the weather gets “bad” their body pain gets worse. Is this possible? My professional opinion and the anecdotal evidence compel me to say, “YES”.
What’s might be causing the pain is the change in the air pressure that cause already inflamed body parts to swell even more, resulting in more pain. What can you do about it?:
- Do physical activity everyday to keep your muscles strong and joints more stable
- Eat anti inflammatory foods like salmon & berries and as many fresh vegetables & fruit as possible
- Replace processed foods and sugary drinks with the foods above
- If that doesn’t work, move to Arizona and invite me to visit often
Fit Friends’ Revolution Club coming soon!
This is one of my favorite lunches; grilled wild salmon over greens with a tahini dressing and a dash of hot sauce, (about 400 cals) The next cafe, diner, or deli you go to for lunch, ask if they have grilled salmon. You know inflammation is one of the leading causes of disease as well as pain. Salmon is packed with omega 3 fatty acids that have anti-inflammatory properties.
Here are some tips:
- Ask for “wild” salmon; it’s healthier than farmed
- Explore new dressings- tahini is sesame based and you just need a little for taste
- Hot sauce has capsaicin which is an anti-inflammatory
- Concerned about cost; pack your own canned wild salmon to put over your salad
- Plan your lunch in the morning or night before; if you don’t you might order the chicken parm
- Oh yeah, this salmon happens to taste great as well!
Hint: if you use just a drop of hot sauce it adds incredible flavor without the heat!