www.peterkfitness.com for more info…..
YES, it can make your pain symptoms worse. This morning I saw a client who’s shoulder pain became worse for no apparent reason. He doesn’t remember doing anything to aggravate it. When I asked about work he said the last few days have been very stressful. Stress elevates heart rate, releases cortisol (elevates sugar in the blood & suppresses the immune system), and makes you tense muscles unknowingly.
Here’s what to do:
- Relax your shoulders and sit/stand tall
- Gently tighten your stomach muscles while breathing
- Breath in deeply through your nose, exhale through your mouth
- Identify what is causing your stress and take action to redirect it
- SMILE really big for any reason for at least 10 seconds. If they don’t take you away you’ll feel better