www.peterkfitness.com for more……
The way to get kids to eat anything healthy is to:
- Ask them to help choose the meal (make the choices healthy obviously)
- Let them help you prepare the meal (Yea, it will be messy but so what)
- Get them excited (“This fish is going to be the most delicious fish you ever had” wink wink smile smile)
- Tell them what it will do for them (Eating fish will make your heart stronger so you can do all the things you love for a really long time)
My daughter Emma chose this recipe out of her Princess and the Frog cookbook. She was so excited to make it because I made it a big deal and let her and her sister help.
Here’s our modified recipe
- 1 box organic golden crackers (Ritz will do)
- 1 lb tilapia filets
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp each of garlic powder, onion powder, basil, & oregano
- olive oil spray
- 1 lemon
Preheat the oven to 350. Have the kids crush the whole box of crackers into a large bowl (they love this part). Mix the salt, pepper, basil, oregano, garlic & onion powder in with the crackers. Pour the olive oil in a deep dish and dredge the fish in the olive oil. Then dredge in the cracker mixture and place on baking sheet and spray with olive oil. Bake in the oven about 12 minutes or until cracker mixture is golden brown and fish flakes easily with fork. Squeeze lemon over fish and serve with tarter sauce. (We made homemade tarter sauce with low fat mayo and pickle relish) Enjoy!!!!!