My mom recently called me because her upper shoulder has been bothering her.
Why it might hurt:
- Poor, slouched posture while standing or sitting (think- on phone or computer)
- Herniated disk in the cervical spine
- Overuse (think- using computer mouse)
What do to:
- Stand and sit as tall as possible
- Elevate computer screen to eye level and bring within arms reach
- Use phone headset
- Switch mouse to other hand 50% of time
If this doesn’t help, find a great physical therapist or chiropractor. Of course you can email me.