Lost your motivation, recently, perpetually? You’re not alone.
I have a friend who always seems to be up, motivated, positive, productive, smiling. I could hate him for it, but instead I admire him. He recently helped me get back on track and focused, (yes of course, we all lose our motivation at times), by reminding me of a simple 3 step strategy:
In the evening, write 3 things you want to accomplish tomorrow. Sounds simple, but it’s easy to get overwhelmed. Use this checklist:
- Break down big projects into doable little tasks; a phone call, email, research, purchase
- Find the benefit in doing the task. If it’s not something your passionate about,why should you do it?
- Make sure the tasks are important to your overall success
- Stay accountable. Text, email or call a mentor or friend when you complete the tasks
- Do one thing everyday just because you love it