I recently treated a 16 year old with physical therapy for her shoulder pain.more »
Watch this to increase improve posture, increase energy, prevent pain and stay focused.more »
Try this to help with your back pain. Always consult your trusted health care professional first.more »
My mom recently called me because her upper shoulder has been bothering her.
Why it might hurt:
- Poor, slouched posture while standing or sitting (think- on phone or computer)
- Herniated disk in the cervical spine
- Overuse (think- using computer mouse)
What do to:
- Stand and sit as tall as possible
- Elevate computer screen to eye level and bring within arms reach
- Use phone headset
- Switch mouse to other hand 50% of time
If this doesn’t help, find a great physical therapist or chiropractor. Of course you can email me.
5 Minutes to Fitness+ Club coming soon!
If you sit like the girl above the answer is YES. But………..
If you sit like this girl above, NO.
The point is you can slouch in a $1000 or a $10 chair. You have to train yourself to sit like the girl in the first picture. Here’s how to do it:
- Put a sticky note on your computer screen that says “SIT UP”.
- Set an alarm to ring every 15 minutes.
- Tell others to remind you not to slouch. (don’t attack them when they do
- Just do it! You can train yourself to do almost anything.