I recently treated a 16 year old with physical therapy for her shoulder pain.more »
Tag: shoulder pain
Watch as Peter shares some of the common causes of shoulder pain, including how to sleep, on 5 Minutes to Fitness+ TV. Always consult your health professional first.more »
These tips will help you get through your workout safely.more »
Strengthen your shoulders and arms while decreasing pain with these shoulder (rotator cuff) exercisesmore »
As always, when you have pain you should check with you health professonal- Dr, Physical Therapist, Chiropractor, and make sure they are healthy and fit themselves.
Shoulder, or rotator cuff, pain can be caused by many reasons and that’s why you should have a health expert diagnose it. Here are 2 simple exercise I have all my shoulder pain patients eventually do to strengthen, stabilize and decrease their shoulder pain.
- Use your Peter K bands and start with just 10 reps of each exercise above. If you have pain stop and email me if you’re a FFR member.
- Try to increase to 3 sets of 10 repetitions once per day.
- When you can do that then add these exercises to your 5 Minutes to Fitness+ daily 20 minute workout.
- Make sure to eat anti-inflammatory foods like the one listed here to help you heal faster
As a physical therapist I see many people with shoulder pain. One thing I tell them to avoid is sleeping like the man pictured above. This compresses the shoulder over a long period of time and can cause or worsen shoulder pain. When you sleep on your side make sure your head is supported by a pillow and keep your arm at your side. If this doesn’t help then see a physical therapist or orthopedic doctor.
www.peterkfitness.com for more info………
Many rotator cuff (shoulder) sprains/strains and tears occur during seemingly simple tasks. One of them is reaching into the backseat while driving. Don’t do it. Pull over and get out or turn your body in the seat of you have to.
Also try to avoid these common shoulder aggravators:
- holding your arms overhead for any length of time, especially while lifting something heavy like a frying pan to smash your spouse with
- sleeping on your stomach with your arm up over your head
- putting a shirt or jacket on reaching behind your back